domingo, 17 de junio de 2012

As I promissed, here's a story about my tendency to be sick everytime I get on something that moves fast. Take into account that this happened four years ago, so the details are kind of blurry.


In third or four year of highschool (I'm not going to pretend I remember exactly), my school organized a trip to the funfair. Of course, we all decided to go (though we were a bit disappointed that they wouldn't take us to Warner Bros) and impatiently waited for the day to come. 




Halfway to Madrid, we stopped at a road shop in which we ate lunch -basically junk food.

We arrived at the funfair and the group dispersed. I stayed with my friends and we decided to get on the first ride we saw: The Machine.

Let's just say it's an enormous circle in which you're tied up, thrown in the air and spinned around. I wasn't too sure I wanted to try it, but I didn't want to pay for nothing, so I grew the balls and hopped on.




At the beginning it was good. The thing spinned slowly and didn't fly too high. After a couple of minutes, however, it started to change. It was hot, and the horrible swinging of The machine wouldn't let me think straight. I remember screaming and not having a bad time... until it stopped.

Still tied and sitting on the circle, I couldn't help it: I puked all over the place. It sounds disgusting, but it was worse than that. I've been told that there's always someone who pukes on The Machine, but that doesn't make it better that my My Chemical Romance shirt was ruined and my pride, broken.




At the First Aid post they gave me a pill, one of my friends lent me a shirt and the rest of the day went by without any other incident. But I will always remember the other girl's laughter and words:

"You... you ate fries!"



And it was true.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario